I know people are inclined to say nice things in Chat windows during on-line open mics, but here’s what was said about “Giro-scopic” when I read it at Kim Moore’s open mic on Wednesday:
- I love that ending, Ian.
- Whew, what a gut punch, Ian.
- Devastating poem. Well said.
- Really moving poem
- Ian, very moving – thank you.
- “Her purse empty as promises”. A great line in a really strong poem
- that ending was amazingly powerful
- very poignant – thank you.
- Fantastic poem.
- thank you Ian brilliant
- Thank you for your poem Ian, I look forward to reading or hearing more of your poems
- Such a powerful poem, Ian. Some great rhymes and half-rhymes. Yes, good to remember home is not a place of security for many.
- yes, layout really added to it. The harsh plastic chairs…wonderful.
So important to get such support and confirmation, don’t you think?